The ELCA Mission Builders provide project management, concept-design services, and construction services for congregations and camps that are building new structures or additions to existing buildings. In the past 30 years, Mission Builders has constructed over 230 structures, including many for other Lutheran camps across the country.
Because Mission Builders is a mission-minded organization, they provide these services at a greatly reduced cost. The builders are retired contractors, builders, carpenters, and others from across the country that will travel to Lutherdale and live in their personal trailers and RVs on-site for the summer.
Find out more info on Mission Builders at: http://www.elcamissionbuilders.org/
What are the benefits of utilizing Mission Builders?
- A projected cost-savings of 15-30% on the original construction cost of the building.
- Mission Builders will provide complete project management from the pre-construction phase through the completion of the building framing and exterior.
- We will be able to utilize many dedicated Lutherdale volunteers to work along side Mission Builders and help open new ministry at Lutherdale.
- We will have the opportunity to welcome a new group of dedicated servants of Christ into our Lutherdale community.
What does this mean for our building project?
- The foundation of the lodge will be constructed in Fall of 2018. Our Mission Builder Project Manager will be on-site to oversee this work. In late spring of 2019, 10-12 Mission Builders and their spouses will arrive to begin constructing the building.
- The more volunteers that work alongside Mission Builders on the project, the greater our cost-savings will be. Therefore, we will be reaching out to as many volunteers as possible to help with the project. If you or someone you know has interest in volunteering, please contact Jesse Weiss, Campaign Manager using the form on the bottom of the page.