The Share the Adventure Campaign is nearly 65% of the way towards its $2.9 million Opening Phase Goal. We have already received over $1,655,000 of the amount pledged, meaning that 57% of our goal is already in hand. Click on the link below for more campaign info from our Winter 2018 Update.
The ELCA Mission Builders provide project management, concept-design services, and construction services for congregations and camps that are building new structures or additions to existing buildings. In the past 30 years, Mission Builders has constructed over 230 structures, including many for other Lutheran camps across the country.
Because Mission Builders is a mission-minded organization, they provide these services at a greatly reduced cost. The builders are retired contractors, builders, carpenters, and others from across the country that will travel to Lutherdale and live in their personal trailers and RVs on-site for the summer.
Find out more info on Mission Builders at: http://www.elcamissionbuilders.org/
What are the benefits of utilizing Mission Builders?
- A projected cost-savings of 15-30% on the original construction cost of the building.
- Mission Builders will provide complete project management from the pre-construction phase through the completion of the building framing and exterior.
- We will be able to utilize many dedicated Lutherdale volunteers to work along side Mission Builders and help open new ministry at Lutherdale.
- We will have the opportunity to welcome a new group of dedicated servants of Christ into our Lutherdale community.
What does this mean for our building project?
- The foundation of the lodge will be constructed in Fall of 2018. Our Mission Builder Project Manager will be on-site to oversee this work. In late spring of 2019, 10-12 Mission Builders and their spouses will arrive to begin constructing the building.
- The more volunteers that work alongside Mission Builders on the project, the greater our cost-savings will be. Therefore, we will be reaching out to as many volunteers as possible to help with the project. If you or someone you know has interest in volunteering, please contact Jesse Weiss, Campaign Manager using the form on the bottom of the page.
Lutherdale has been blessed by a $300,000 gift from the Kellogg Family Foundation towards the Share the Adventure Campaign. The Kellogg Family Foundation is a generous supporter of many church-related causes, as well as organizations that provide development opportunities for youth. We are grateful for the importance that the Kellogg family places on these important areas, and that they believe in the work that God does through Lutherdale to further the church and the lives of youth, families, and adults. Please join us in prayers of thanksgiving for this wonderful gift.
With a total pledged of $1,850,000, Share the Adventure continues to see a positive response as we have now reached 65% of our Opening Phase goal. A part of this continued success can be attributed to Lutherdale’s wonderful Quilt and Women’s groups. Led by Darlene Pieper, chair of the Quilt and Women’s Groups Campaign Committee, we have kicked off a special appeal to invite these valuable supporters of this ministry to participate in the campaign. Thus far, we have received over $45,000 towards a $100,000 goal for this special appeal. We are extremely thankful for the many ways our quilters and women’s groups have supported Lutherdale over the years, as well as for their significant investment in the next generation of God’s ministry through Lutherdale.
Having been a lifetime visitor to camp, I know the role that Lutherdale can play in the lives of those who come. While camp initially saw its purpose as a camp for youth to grow in their faith, it was not long until the power of a retreat away from the normal routine was discovered as beneficial to families and adults too. I can remember camping with a church group of families in upper field as we surrounded the bonfire and shared songs and stories of faith. Diversity is important at camp. Lutherdale is a place where a variety of people can participate and grow deeper into the awareness of God’s love for them and all of creation. Lutherdale Lodge is a another step in this direction by providing a multi-use space to be used for people of all ages in the center of camp. This building helps us to be forward thinking in our role as a camp for all ages. Will you join me in participating in this appeal to Share the Adventure? ~ Rev. Tim Hansen, Campaign Chair