What is Heritage Oaks?
In order to encourage friends of Lutherdale Ministries to create a legacy for generations yet to come we recognize those who have included Lutherdale in their wills and estate plans through the HERITAGE OAKS society. The oak trees on the property of Lutherdale have stood tall and protected generations of campers from sun and rain. In honor of the donors who stand and guard Lutherdale we created the society to show our appreciation for those who want to make certain that this vital outdoor ministry will be as strong as mighty oaks for future generations. With a gift of all or a portion of their estate, they join with other as HERITAGE OAKS.
How does Heritage Oaks differ from Order of the Log?
HERITAGE OAKS includes friends whose gifts come to Lutherdale through planned or deferred gifts which come to the camp upon the donor's death or through the donor's estate.
ORDER OF THE LOG includes those who make annual gifts of $100 or more. Many of our ORDER OF THE LOG donors are also members of HERITAGE OAKS.
What is a planned or deferred gift and how are they given?
A planned or deferred gift is a form of stewardship which involves sharing a gift of accumulated assets with Lutherdale rather than a gift from current income.
A thoughtful process of planning matches your needs and desires with one of several options for giving. Often a combination of options is used during one's lifetime. Some options include:
· YOUR WILL - After providing for your loved ones Lutherdale can be named as a beneficiary.
· YOUR LIFE INSURANCE - You can designate Lutherdale as a beneficiary for a percentage of the policy, or give a paid-up life insurance policy to the camp before death.
· A CHARITABLE GIFT ANNUITY - This option usually provides the donor with an immediate income tax benefit, as well as future income tax benefits, and a fixed, guaranteed lifetime income for yourself and someone else if you wish. Lutherdale receives the remaining value upon the death of the donor.
These and other options are available to serve your personal circumstances. We will be happy to explore with you the needs and desires you have, and then present an option or options that accomplish your goals. This plan will be presented in a form that you can share with your family, your attorney, and/or your financial advisor. Please contact Jeff Bluhm, Executive Director at 262-742-2352.
How can you benefit from making deferred or planned gifts?
· You put plans in place to take care of your own needs and needs of your loved ones. Loved ones include your children, relatives, your church and other institutions and organizations that have meant something to you during your life.
· You may provide a source of lifetime income for yourself and, if you wish, others.
· You establish a generous future gift for Lutherdale Bible Camp.
· You can maximize your gift through income tax deductions.
· You can reduce or eliminate the impact of capital gains, estate, and inheritance taxes.
· You may minimize probate cost.
Why should a donor disclose their plans to include Lutherdale in their estate?
Occasionally a donor who has included Lutherdale in their estate or their will asks us why they should disclose their intentions. It is a great question and the answer is simple and two-fold. First of all, your willingness to let us know about your plans helps us in turn to make plans and record and file the intent of your future gift. Some donors wish their final gift to be used in specific ways and it is so much easier for us to accommodate their desire if we have a chance to discuss it with them.
Secondly, we would love to thank you for your gift and the recognition that you receive also stimulates other prospective donors to consider how they too, might help Lutherdale through their wills and estate plans.
What benefits are received with enrollment in HERITAGE OAKS?
· New members receive an enrollment plaque as a token of our appreciation.
· Each spring Lutherdale invites members to the annual donor banquet.
· A periodic newsletter with information on planned or deferred giving will be sent to members